Eye allergies and itchy eyes
Almost everyone wants to be number one. But sometimes being number one is not a good thing. It has been reported that the Louisville area is the top "Allergy Hot Spot" in America. So, here are some ways that you can help reduce the amount your eyes itch.
1) Don't sleep in your contacts! If the pollen in the air is making your eyes itch, then trapping that pollen in your contact lens and never removing that from your eye is going to cause even more itching.
2) Actually rub your contacts to clean them when you remove them at night. You wouldn't soak your dishes in your sink over night and then put them away without scrubbing the grime off of them. Rubbing the allergens off keeps them off of your eyes so you can start fresh the next day.
3) Try switching contact lens solutions. Some are better at removing allergens from contacts than others.
4) Change your brand of contacts. Daily Disposable contact lenses are FANTASTIC with allergic eyes.
5) We're here to help you through the allergy season. Set up an appointment today to see what we can do to help you get through your itchy time. Just call (502) 897-1604.
James A. Muse O.D.